Onsite selective electroplating to enhance, repair and refurbish targeted areas on manufactured components
The SIFCO Process® is the world’s leading portable method of electroplating localised areas of metal surfaces for OEM components, permanent repairs and salvaging worn or mis-machined parts; providing a fast, efficient and targeted solution to corrosion, wear, galling, solderability and brazing.
From commercial aircraft landing gear to offshore oil and gas platforms, the SIFCO Process® is a trusted solution for critical components and parts, with metal surfaces, that require repair or maintenance.
Carried out by skilled SIFCO Process® technicians, from Surface Technology sister company, SIFCO ASC, the SIFCO Process® is unrivalled for the speed it is able to repair or maintain critical parts. As the process is carried out in-situ the part or component does not need to be removed and shipped to an external site.
Key Properties of the SIFCO Process®
Typical Applications for the SIFCO Process®
Why use the SIFCO Process®
- Process can be performed on-site
- Simple to operate
- Rapid plating on small to medium size areas
- Components can be plated in-situ
- Reduces the amount of masking required
- Parts too large to tank plate can be processed
- Reduces machine downtime and production delays
- Plate to the required thickness
- Minimises hydrogen embrittlement
- Reduced effluent stream
SIFCO Process® environmental benefits
- Uses less chemicals than tank plating
- Lower electrical power consumption
- Facilitates component salvage